Survey of Holiday Markets on the Walk
If you're looking for opportunities to "shop local" for holiday and other gift-giving, or acquire handcrafted and unique items for yourself or your home, several short-term opportunities are in place during December's Gallery Walk weekend in addition to our great downtown merchants. See listings and their contact info or online references for more details. NOTE: Numbers below match a venue's place in the Walk lineup and on map.
2. ALL SOULS CHURCH HOLIDAY BAZAAR: This annual market is famous for member-made artisan wreaths, greens, and ornaments; holiday breads, cookies, and treats; gift basket raffles, Fair-Trade chocolate, handmade gift bags, and much more. Friday night Chili to go, Saturday lunch. 29 South St., Fri. 4-7, Sat. 9-2.
4. COTTON MILL OPEN STUDIO & HOLIDAY SALE: Three floors featuring the work of over 60 Cotton Mill and local juried artists, craftspeople, and culinary artisans, as well as circus artists, puppeteers, musicians, and dancers. Food, beverages, entertainment; also pottery and fencing demos, and dance classes. Raffle for donated goods by Cotton Mill artisans/exhibitors. 74 Cotton Mill Hill, Fri. 4-8, Sat. 10-5, Sun. 11-4.
11. 17 ARTISTS, 4 DAYS: Brattleboro-West Arts members offer their artistic specialties, ranging from paintings, encaustics, and photography to pottery, textiles, jewelry, and glass. 118 Elliot St., Thurs. 5-8, Fri. 12-8, Sat. 10-9, Sun. 11-4.
18. MAIN STREET FLEA: A MAKERS HOLIDAY GIFT BAZAAR: A unique market of fine handmade goods and crafts by a dozen or more local makers: jewelry, ceramics, prints, cards, natural medicinals, home goods, and custom lingerie are among the wide array of artisanal and eclectic offerings. 80 Main St., Thurs. 10-8, Fri. 10-10, Sat. 10-8, Sun. 10-4.
24. HOSPICE SHOP POP UP: HOLIDAY SHOPPING EXTRAVAGANZA: This eclectic collection features a wide range in style, taste, and price. Think contemporary, tribal, vintage, antique. Included are artisanal treasures, jewelry galore, collectibles, winter accessories, children's gifts, and much more! Friday evening features live music by The Moondogs. If "things" are not on a loved one's list, you can also make a donation to Brattleboro Area Hospice in his or her name. Brooks House Atrium, 132 Main St., Fri. 5:30-8:30, Sat. 11-3.
28. 20th ANNUAL CHILDREN'S HOLIDAY CRAFT FAIR: Homeschoolers and other young folks offer pottery, games and toys, handcrafted cards and blank books, candles, ornaments, t-shirts and hand-knitted scarves, jewelry, soaps, lip balm, and much more. Enjoy pizza and baked goods to support the cause. Robt. H. Gibson River Garden, 157 Main St., Fri. 5-8.
32. TAKE A MOMENT FOR PEACE & CHRISTMAS CRAFT FAIR: Before or after the 5:30-6 Moment for Peace in the Sanctuary, or anytime if you are not participating in that monthly Walk program, head downstairs for supper, interactive carol singing, a quilt raffle, and crafts galore! The Fair continues on Saturday with breakfast waffles, lunch, a quilt raffle, wreaths, decorations, and other holiday crafts! Centre Congregational Church, 193 Main St., Fri. 5-7, Sat. 9-1.
Copyright 2017, Gallery Walk, Brattleboro, Vermont